Total Barre® Modified for Pre- & Post-Natal
Expectant and new mothers alike will reap the myriad benefits of exercising with music in this unique Total Barre® program. Not only will this workout keep new moms and moms-to-be moving, but the plus of moving to exciting Merrithew Music™ tracks will help tackle self-image issues, reduce stress, combat postural and muscle imbalances, and increase social interaction. Created by the programming brains at Merrithew®, the Total Barre template is used as the guideline in an appropriate workout for this very special population. Every move is designed to increase flexibility, balance, joint stability and pelvic floor activation all while boosting moods and lifting spirits.
- Learn how to apply the Total Barre Foundational Principles in a pre- post-natal workout
- Understand how to use the Total Barre template to create a unique workout
- Discover modifications appropriate for the pre- and post-natal client taking physiological changes and requirements into account
- Explore how appropriate music selections can help combat a variety of pre-and post-natal concerns
- Workshop Length: 2 hours
- 2.0 REPs CPDs
- 0.2 STOTT PILATES CECs
Equipment used in this workshop
- Parallel Stability Barre™ with connectors (6' 1:4; 12' 1:8)
- Mini Handweights, Soft Dumbbells (1.1–2.2 lbs)
- or 2 lb Toning Balls™ (2:1)
- Mini Stability Ball™ (blue) (1:1)
Please remember to bring your own Mat!