STOTT PILATES® The Knee: Matwork Programming for Stability & Function
The knee is a complex structure that can experience any number of injuries or conditions that interrupt normal functioning. This lecture/demo-style workshop, developed by the Merrithew™ team, begins by exploring the anatomy and biomechanics involved in the normal, healthy functioning of the knee, followed by a discussion of some of the more common dysfunctions caused by injury or disease. Lastly, learn a variety of exercise progressions using some small props designed to be implemented in a post-rehabilitative setting to rebuild normal muscle action and movement patterning. Designed to prepare the body for specific activities and enhance performance, these exercises can challenge and promote optimal functioning.
- Understand optimal function and movement patterns of the knee joint.
- Review anatomy and muscular involvement in ideal functioning.
- Understand common dysfunctions and how they can be addressed.
- Learn Mat-based exercises and progressions to optimize knee joint function.
- Workshop Length: 2 hours
- STOTT PILATES: 0.2
- REPS: 2.0
- canfitpro: 2.0
Equipment used in this workshop
- 1 Pilates Mat
- 1 Flex-Band®
- 1 Fitness Circle®
- 1 7.5" Mini Stability Ball™ (blue)
- Foam Cushion 'C' (optional, based on availability)
- Rotational Disks (10" or 12", 1 pair)
- 1 Foam Roller™
- 1 Arc Barrel
- 1 Foam Cushion 'A'
- 1 Foam Cushion 'B'
- 1 Stability Ball™
- Stability Cushions™ (1 pair)
- Toning Balls™ (1 pair)
- 1 BOSU®* balance trainer
- 1 Spine Supporter
Please remember to bring your own Mat and Flex-Band!