Postural Analysis Review
This hands-on workshop, developed by the Merrithew™ team, outlines the importance of postural analysis in programming STOTT PILATES® workouts. Discuss the differences between static and dynamic posture and consider how each affects exercise choices and modifications necessary. Review postural theory relating to the effect of certain postures on muscle length and strength and actively practice postural analysis.
- Review the steps in conducting a formal postural analysis.
- Learn how to identify muscular imbalances as they relate to faulty posture.
- Practice locating bony landmarks and palpating structures.
- Understand how postural issues play into exercise programming.
- Workshop Length: 2 hours
- CECs: REPs 2.0 | STOTT PILATES 0.2