Matwork Strength & Mobility
Comprised of a series of simple movements that challenge overall strength and mobility with stability, this workshop developed by the Merrithew™ team, uses only the body’s own resistance. Fundamental Pilates principles are added to less traditional moves to focus on mobilization, while balancing the musculature around the joints. Particular attention is paid to balancing mobility and muscular balance in the lower kinetic chain, specifically the knee, hip, ankle and foot.
- Apply the Five Basic Principles of STOTT PILATES ® to modified Matwork exercises.
- Understand how alignment and biomechanics can be improved through Matwork.
- Learn simple movement patterns that focus on strength and endurance.
- Discover how to create programs that improve functionality simply.
- Workshop Length: 2 hours
- CECs: REPs 2.0 | STOTT PILATES 0.2