Matwork Programming for Scoliosis Management
Trainers of clients with scoliosis face genuine issues when designing a suitable exercise program. In this workshop, developed by the Merrithew™ team, learn the different forms of the condition and how each affects stability and mobility. Discover how the fundamentals of STOTT PILATES can benefit clients with simple or more complex curvature of the spine. Learn to create effective programs that address the specific needs of this population using a Mat and portable balance and resistance equipment.
- Understand the different causes and types of scoliosis
- Discuss contraindicated movements in various parts of the body
- Explore how Matwork and small props can aid in exercise programming
- Learn how select STOTT PILATES Matwork exercises can be beneficial for clients with scoliosis
- Workshop Length: 2 hours
- CECs: REPs 2.0 | STOTT PILATES 0.2