Athletic Conditioning on Stability Cushions
Discover a new and intensive core training workout, developed by the Merrithew™ team, featuring the Stability Cushions™. Controlling instability with a pair of cushioned disks requires activation of the stabilizing muscles of the torso, shoulders and hips. Exercises are designed to elicit greater proprioceptive awareness and recruit the deep support systems of the whole body while developing greater coordination and control. Discover a new facet to Matwork programs that increase body awareness and core stability in movements that bridge the gap between simple core training routines and functional movement patterns necessary in athletic conditioning.
- Apply the STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles to Essential Matwork exercises on Stability Cushions
- Understand movement essence and exercise goals as applied to these exercises
- Explore how the Stability Cushions can be beneficial to add challenge and variety to Matwork
- Learn how the unstable nature of the Stability Cushion challenges stability and control.
- Workshop Length: 2 hours
- CECs: REPs 2.0 | STOTT PILATES 0.2
Equipment used in the workshop:
- Pilates Mat
- Stability Cushion