The Studio Manager is responsible for the smooth operations of the two current Real Pilates studios on a day-to-day basis, including the management of the entire team. This role is also responsible for ensuring high standards of client care and striving for continued growth in attendance and sales. They are also expected to be instrumental in the planning and implementation of projects for strategic growth.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Recruits and on-boards staff for all roles.
- Coordinates and conducts staff meetings and staff training sessions.
- Implements performance management system and conducts performance management sessions with all staff.
- Schedules all staff, authorises leave requests and provides payroll data.
- Monitors the cleanliness and maintenance of the studio and takes required actions to ensure high standards and safety at all times.
- Monitors levels of supplies and retail stock and orders as required.
- Schedules all group classes effectively to ensure optimal levels of attendance and sales.
- Designs and implements studio policies to ensure smooth running of the studio and clarity amongst the team.
- Review and assess all client policies to ensure smooth operations and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Advise the CSM on handling of complaints and other client care issues.
- Establish client relationships to maximise customer satisfaction and promote personalized service.
- Develop and implement promotional ideas and internal events to ensure freshness in the studio and promote client retention.
- Investigate opportunities for external events and coordinate involvement in such events.
- Write and/or approve PR content and assist with the design of social media and internal marketing.
Strategic Planning and Growth:
- Prepare reports and present to management team monthly on key targets.
- Recommend and implement initiatives to further strategic growth of the business.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership techniques, marketing and coordination of people and resources. Specific knowledge of the Balanced Scorecard is a plus.
- Knowledge of recruitment processes including job advertisements, interview techniques and skills assessment.
- Effective cross-cultural communication skills highly regarded.
- Skill in talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Skill in monitoring/assessing the performance of self, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Skill in managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Skill in the use of standard office equipment and computer applications.
- Skill in public speaking and delivering presentations to individuals and groups.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, in both oral and written form, including ability to use correct spelling and grammar.
- Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations with professional composure.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work collaboratively and building strategic relations with colleagues, co-workers, and clients.
- Ability to understand and adapt to needs of people based on cultural differences
- Knowledge of Dubai government policies and process related to labour law highly regarded
- Knowledge of fitness industry standards and regulations highly regarded.
- Successful applicants will display high emotional intelligence and demonstrate a strong moral compass.
- Must have minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing a team of at least 5 people within a service industry, preferably related to health and wellness.
- Must have minimum of 5 years direct customer service experience.
- Experience of customer service within the UAE regarded highly.
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree (in any discipline, business highly regarded)
Although standard office hours typically apply, hours will vary according to the needs of the business and may include early mornings, evenings, and weekend work.
- Customer service team: 2 receptionists and 2 support staff members
- Pilates & Yoga instructors: 5 to 10 members (full-time and part-time)