Pre & Post-Natal Workshop
This 6-hour workshop, draws upon the most current medical information, exercise guidelines and research available on pregnancy and movement. Safe and effective STOTT PILATES® Matwork exercise adaptations on the mat as well as with Stability Ball and Flex-Band® exerciser for moms-to-be are explored and programming concepts for teaching small groups and private clients are discussed. Anatomical and physiological changes, risk factors and movement considerations are also discussed with an eye to providing a safe and effective workout throughout all trimesters and provide strategies for building new pre-natal programs as well as enhancing those already in progress.
Most women can return to exercise four to six weeks after a regular birth or when they get clearance from their physician. Many of the exercises performed during the second and third trimester of pregnancy will be suitable now, but other exercises can be added to focus on reactivating and stabilizing the pelvic floor, transversus abdominis and obliques as well as developing lumbo-pelvic stability. This gentle but effective workout, incorporates Toning Balls™ to get new moms back on the right track.
- Understand appropriateness of STOTT PILATES Matwork as well as possible contraindications during pregnancy.
- Learn about physiological changes throughout all three trimesters.
- Explore specific exercise modifications on the Mat alone and by using the Stability Ball and Flex-Band
- Apply the STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles of stabilization to prenatal and postnatal exercises.
- Understand how to incorporate Toning Balls in a post-natal workout.
- Discuss special considerations for post-natal concerns.
- Workshop Length: 6 hours
- STOTT PILATES: 0.6
- REPS: 6.0