Prenatal with Stability Ball and Flex Band
The Stability Ball is a perfect tool to use with prenatal clients and adding resistance with the Flex-Band® exerciser delivers a safe and effective workout for moms-to-be. In this interactive seminar, developed by the MERRITHEW™ team, apply the most current medical information, exercise guidelines and research available on pregnancy and movement to innovative STOTT PILATES® exercise adaptations. Learn programming concepts for teaching small groups and private clients specifically in the second trimester. Discuss anatomical and physiological changes, risk factors and movement considerations and leave with strategies for building new prenatal programs as well as enhancing those already in progress.
- Understand appropriateness of STOTT PILATES as well as possible contraindications during pregnancy.
- Hear information about physiological changes throughout all three trimesters.
- Examine specific exercise modifications using the Stability Ball and Flex-Band.
- Apply the STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles of stabilization to prenatal exercises.
- Workshop Length: 2 hours
- CECs: REPs 2.0 | STOTT PILATES 0.2