Prenatal Pilates on the Reformer
Learn the benefits of taking moms-to-be from traditional Matwork variations to select exercise modifications on the Reformer in this workshop, developed by the Merrithew™team. Using current exercise guidelines provided by the ACOG and bearing in mind common anatomical and physiological changes, appropriate STOTT PILATES® exercise adaptations are explored using the Reformer in innovative and beneficial ways. Workout safety and effectiveness remain paramount and the client’s risk factors, pre-pregnancy fitness level, health concerns and fitness goals are be taken in to account when creating new and ongoing programs.
- Apply the Five Basic Principles of STOTT PILATES to specific exercises on the Reformer
- Understand movement essence and exercise goals for the prenatal client.
- Explore how exercise choices are made for the prenatal client and what modifications may need to be incorporated.
- Hear cues and corrections for safety and effectiveness.
- Workshop Length: 4 hours
- CECs: REPs 2.0 | STOTT PILATES 0.2