Prenatal Pilates on the Mat
This interactive seminar, developed by the Merrithew™ team, draws upon the most current medical information, exercise guidelines and research available on pregnancy and movement. Appropriate STOTT PILATES® Matwork exercise adaptations are explored and programming concepts for teaching small groups and private clients are discussed. Anatomical and physiological changes, risk factors and movement considerations are also discussed with an eye to providing a safe and effective workout throughout all trimesters and provide strategies for building new pre-natal programs as well as enhancing those already in progress.
- Understand appropriateness of STOTT PILATES Matwork as well as possible contraindications during pregnancy
- Learn about physiological changes throughout all three trimesters
- Explore specific exercise modifications on the Mat
- Apply the STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles of stabilization to prenatal exercises
- Workshop Length: 2 hours
- CECs: REPs 2.0 | STOTT PILATES 0.2