Fitness and Pilates Instructors meet a variety of clients who are restricted in their movements for a variety of reasons. Often, spinal flexion is contraindicated due to some specified concern. Learn how to modify Pilates exercises in a range of intensity levels to create workouts that achieve the primary goal of limiting spinal flexion while providing an effective full-body workout. Small handweights, Stability Cushions and the Flex-Band® exerciser are used to increase upper body resistance while further challenging the stability of the torso in a neutral alignment.
- Discuss how the STOTT PILATES® Five Basic Principles apply when movement is restricted.
- Discover how to create a challenging workout without altering spinal alignment.
- Learn to incorporate small handweights in a full flexion-free workout.
- Explore exercise modifications in order to keep the workout safe.
- Workshop Length: 2 hours
- CECs: REPs 2.0 | STOTT PILATES 0.2