Cueing & Modifications on the Reformer for a Client with Postural Issues
Clients with specific postural issues require specialized programming to effectively realign the skeleton and re-balance muscles. This lecture / demo, developed by the Merrithew™ team, reviews exercises from the Essential Reformer repertoire and explores how these movements can be modified for each individual. Specific postural habits are discussed with particular focus paid to muscular imbalances associated with aspects of the following postures: kyphosis-lordosis, sway back and flat back. How to recognize and target lengthened, weak, shortened or tight muscles due to postural habits, what exercises to select and appropriate cues and modifications are also examined.
- Recognize basic postural characteristics and identify muscular imbalances present in each.
- Understand how selected STOTT PILATES® Reformer exercises target specific muscle groups to begin rebalancing them.
- Understand how specific modifications increase effectiveness and safety for individual clients.
- Learn how the Five Basic Principles of STOTT PILATES serve as the foundation for correcting postural imbalances.
- Duration: 2 hours
- CECs: REPS 2.0 | STOTT PILATES 0.2