Corona Virus Guidelines
Update no. 5 - 07/01/2021
As you know, we had already increased our already strict and comprehensive cleaning and hygiene standards in both studios including but not limited to: increased sanitising and deep cleaning of all equipment and props, regular sanitisation of frequently touched surfaces, provision of hand sanitisers in all rooms of both studios and clear directive to all team members on hygiene standards, use of face-masks where needed and restrictions on coming to work if recently travelled to any country deemed high-risk by the World Health Organization and confirmed by the Dubai Health Authority and Ministry of Health.
But with the Corona virus (COVID-19) continuing to pose a significant threat, we will spare no effort in doing what is right for the health and safety of our clients, team members and community. We have therefore decided to be proactive and go above and beyond the guidelines given to us by adopting 6 additional measures based on industry best practices:
1. REDUCED CLASS CAPACITY: in line with WHO's recommendation and Dubai Sports Council guidelines, we have put in place a 2-meter distance between equipment pieces and mats (with clear markers on the floor); we have reduced the mat classes capacities by up to 60%
2. EQUIPMENT CLASSES: clients must use hand sanitisers BEFORE and AFTER each class. Additionally, recyclable disposable gloves are available in each room for those who wish increased protection. All reformer straps have been covered with a new vinyl layer that is easy to clean and disinfect.
3. PROPS & ACCESSORIES: The use of props will be reduced to the strict minimum, but you can be assured that the instructors will still give you challenging and effective workouts that will continue to make you stronger and boost your immune systems! All props will be thoroughly cleaned/sanitised several times every day. You will also have the option to use disposable gloves.
4. REINFORCED CLEANING TEAM: we will significantly increase the frequency and load of our full-time cleaning team's tasks with the upcoming hire of additional part-time resources.
5. CHECK-IN PROCESS: the iPads have been removed, we request that you self-check in on our mobile app or ask the reception team to sign you in.
6. NO MORE CASH PAYMENTS: We will temporarily stop accepting cash and ask you to pay by credit card, ideally by tap.
We want to remind you that Pilates and Yoga are scientifically proven to boost immune systems and help fight against illness and viruses. Our goal is to make the community stronger and more resistant.
While we all remain calm and face this trying time in cooperation with each other, we urge you to remember these few basic but critical actions:
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water;
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser if soap and water are not available;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth;
- If you have symptoms of the common cold and/or flu (coughing, sneezing, fever, etc.), please refrain from coming to the studio and stay home to rest. While this is always a good course of action to allow your body time to recover, this is critically important now as we all need to be responsible and overly cautious.
- In line with the directives from Dubai Health Authority, all individuals who have come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, or who have visited a country listed as high-risk, must self-quarantine for a period of 14 days.
Let’s all continue to follow the science, listen to the authorities, refrain from spreading rumours, remain calm and act socially responsibly to navigate our way through this situation safely.
We will continue to be vigilant and attentive to all developments and directives issued by the UAE and international authorities.
- We are in this together.
- Let’s be fitter, stronger.
- Let’s care for one another.
- Let's remain positive and grateful.
Yours in health,
Your Real Pilates Family